We have a great opportunity for General Counsel to join the Governance team of a leading, offshore law firm.
The main focus of this role is to provide first-class legal advice to colleagues in regulated businesses with a diverse workload covering multiple locations: London, Jersey, Guernsey, Hong Kong and the Cayman Islands.
Some of the key tasks include:
- Risk management: identify, analyse and propose commercially-minded mitigation for legal, reputational and operational risks
- Contractual: maintain our existing global terms of business and develop a global approach to other contractual issues, aiming for efficiency and consistency
- Regulatory: maintain our strong compliance culture, clarify regulatory requirements and lead on obtaining new registrations
- AML/sanctions: with expert input where required, advise on the legal aspects of AML and sanctions questions
- Data protection: with expert input where required, advise on data protection issues connected with Governance Services client mandates
More information about this role is available upon request – Contact the team today for further details.