The ideal candidate would be a reliable, organised individual who would be a key member in the accounts department, primarily focusing on the accounts receivable operations of the hotel.
As an Accounts Administrator the main responsibilities would be reconciliation of the day-to-day operations in the hotel, this would require a good combination of analytical and problem-solving skills, which of course will ensure total guest satisfaction.
A willingness to be hands on and able to assist other members of staff within the hotel is vital, as aspects of this role include managing inventory levels to meet business requirements. This will involve assisting with deliveries and processing any orders through our inventory and ordering systems, therefore an aptitude for systems is important.
Experience in a financial environment; specifically in accounting; is preferred but not a necessity, as the right candidate will be provided specific training and guidance from the Financial Controller.
The candidate should be competent in most computer software but more specifically using spreadsheet and word processing software.
Essential Role Functions:
- Income Audit to ensure accuracy of Night Audit and review of discounts, refunds and in-house entertainment.
- Perform all cashiering responsibilities for the property.
- Specifically for accounts receivable acting as the main contact, liaising with account holders and following up on any outstanding amounts due.
- Ensure inventory and ordering system is up to date for inventory levels and stock values on hand.
- Oversee storekeeping, cost control and monthly stock counts ensuring accurate documentation and inventory values on hand. Perform periodic inventory audits.
- Responsible for proper storage of accounting records.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 2 or more years of hotel or accounting experience.
- Good numeracy skills will be beneficial to the role.
- System experience would be advantageous, particularly Xero, Opera and Fourth though not essential. However, a strong appreciation and aptitude for systems is imperative.
- Experience with spreadsheet software and word processing.
- Demonstrates and monitors own work for accuracy and thoroughness.
- Prioritizes and plans work activities efficiently.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions.
- A very good level of spoken and written English.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
A competitive salary is offered.
Email your detailed CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information about the Hotel de France please visit our website www.defrance.co.uk